Friday, December 3, 2010

My Job

I have always known I wanted to be a nurse.
I've grown up helping take care of my family and love taking care of people. However, I don't think I realized how it can sometimes be not only physically hard, but mentally and emotionally taxing. I tend to get attached to my patients as I get to know them. Just like any job, there are good days and bad days. Working in women's services where I take care of postpartum and OB/GYN patients, it is usually a happy and exciting place. None the less, it can be one of the saddest places when a newborn doesn't survive. To watch a mother grieve the loss of a newborn baby can be so hard, but I have found that my understanding of the gospel and Christ's Atonement makes this process so much easier and I can feel at peace that one day, they will be reunited. I'm so grateful for the gospel in my life and for the knowledge that we can see our loved ones after this earthly life. I believe that there is a purpose for everything, including death.

6 comments:

Kaley and Jeremy said...

You are definitely someone that was meant to be a nurse, you have a natural nurturing quality that will make you an awesome mom, too.

P.S. Thanks for posting on the cooking blog, no one does anymore!

Brooke and Jonny said...

Amen sister. I'm glad you shared this =)

Jenna said...

Thanks so much, Kaley and Brooke. I really appreciate the comments!

Ninjas said...

If I needed a nurse, I would want it to be you. That's for sure. You are doing what you are suppose to do. Hats off to you...

Jeremy and Katie said...

Jenna I'm so glad I found your blog. I love you and Jace both! I don't see you much anymore but I'm excited to follow.

Anonymous said...

Yay! You are in the blogging world again! I'm glad you are a nurse! You helped me when I had Preslee and you weren't even my nurse! You are definitely meant to be a nurse because you are so caring and sweet!